Policies & Procedures
- Keep up to date.
- Your insurers may offer free HR advice.
- Refer to www.acas.org.uk
- Make sure confidentiality agreements are signed https://www.wessexlmcs.com/staffandconfidentiality
- Expert and impartial advice is delivered by our team of occupational health professionals. You can chat online to a specialist advisor, email a question or call 0800 032 6235 http:fitforwork.org/
Recruitment & Induction
- Check CQC requirements http://www.cqc.org.uk/content/regulation-19-fit-and-proper-persons-employed
- Don’t forget the Care Certificate for new phlebotomists/HCAs https://www.wessexlmcs.com/healthcareassistantshcascarecertificate
- Know what qualifications are needed when employing a GP or nurse http://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/register/employing_a_doctor.asp https://www.wessexlmcs.com/generalpracticenurse
- DBS – does your employee need one? https://www.wessexlmcs.com/dbs
- Check you and your nurses know the dates of their revalidation.
- Make sure everyone is shown the emergency trolley/resus/crash equipment on their first day
Locum Cover/GP Performer Payments for Parental and Sickness
- Please click here to download NHS England’s Protocol in respect of locum cover or GP performer payments for parental and sickness leave
- Check here before looking for a locum https://www.wessexlmcs.com/toptipsforemployinglocums
- Make sure locums are shown the emergency trolley/resus/crash equipment on their first day
Uniforms & badges
- Check there is conformity and consistency
- Appraisal info with downloadable forms are here https://www.wessexlmcs.com/appraisalformsforstaff
- See here for LMC guidance https://www.wessexlmcs.com/mandatorytrainingforpracticestaff
- TNAs are here http://www.businessballs.com/trainingneedsanalysis.pdf
Please see here a short video about how you can access apprenticeship funding in primary care. For more info contact Annette Farrell Annette.Farrell@hee.nhs.uk for Hampshire, IOW and Dorset, and Dee Horscroft email@example.com for Wilts, Swindon and BaNES.
Communication – consider use of
- Notice boards
- Social media https://www.wessexlmcs.com/socialmedia
- Consider timing/frequency/value
- consider for all roles
- if roles are changed for the nursing team, tell your insurer as their indemnity may change and they may not be covered to do the work asked for them if the insurer is not informed
Tier 2 Visas for Practices