Office opening hours: 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Offices closed on Bank Holidays.
Home Menu Search

Varicella Vaccination

You cannot, as a practice, treat your NHS patients privately and although you could refer to another local practice it is frowned upon by the Competition Commission to have a sort of ‘cosy arrangement’ set up between you. This could be overcome by ensuring you offer a choice to patients which includes another local practice alongside say BUPA, Nuffield etc.

Your other option is to set up a private limited company (ie YOURTOWN Medical Care Ltd) and make that one of the choices offered to patients.  If you do this then you must make it clear to patients that the GP’s are Directors of that company and indeed it may well be a GP or nurse that they know from the practice who will give the vaccine ­ transparency is vital.

You will also need to ensure that you are CQC registered to provide this service. You would need to have seperate CQC registration for this seperate legal entity. Please look at CQC website for further details or contact the office to discuss.

What you also need to take into account of course is that, if you believe that the vaccine is clinically indicated, even if the patient is not strictly eligible, then you must supply via the NHS (in this case an FP10 could be issued in the same way as for flu vaccine but no fee will be received).

Download and bookmark...

About this page...

Updated on 21 May 2014 1356 views