Third Party Training & Events - Practice Managers & Team Leaders
The following links may be of interest for Practice Managers
Please do not contact Wessex LMCs about these events & programmes. These are being advertised here for your information. Please follow the blue links for information and contact details.
Basic Sign Language
A new initiative to encourage more healthcare and/or non-clinical staff to take up sign language as an extra language and skill, is now available locally. The Signs4Life scheme is to help people to communicate and engage with vulnerable service users, patients, and colleagues, who may be hard of hearing. For more details on the Winter community programs, please sign up here https://signs4life.org/in-the-community/
Coaching & Mentoring
Thames Valley & Wessex Leadership Academy: Coaching and mentoring for PMs in Hants, IOW, Dorset and South Wiltshire: https://se.leadershipacademy.nhs.uk/development-opportunities-and-support/coaching-and-mentoring-2/
Mentoring and finding a mentor
CQC Interactive Workshop
DBG provide CQC workshop style training sessions. You can draw on the knowledge of our experienced practice assessors to gain a better understanding of the CQC regulations and expectations. http://www.thedbg.co.uk/medical/training/cqc-interactive-workshop/. For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0800 028 1697
e-Learning for Healthcare
e-Learning for Healthcare (e-LfH) is a Health Education England (HEE) Programme working in partnership with the NHS and professional bodies to support patient care by providing e-learning to educate and train the health and social care workforce. Various programme are available for e-learning: https://www.e-lfh.org.uk/programmes/. For more information please email email@example.com
Ash Lane Consulting have a range of live webinars that explain everything you need to know about Personally Administered Items and how the FP34/PPA claims process leads to the payment of Prescribing Drugs Income. There is a free 15 minute recorded webinar along with a number of in-depth live webinars tailored to the different roles in the practice. Live webinars are scheduled throughout the year. Full details available at www.ashlane.co.uk/training.
For more information contact Richard at Ash Lane Consulting on 07980 800615 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Health & Safety
- DBG provide in practice training on Health & Safety and Fire Safety Awareness and Fire Marshal training: http://www.thedbg.co.uk/medical/training/. For further information please email email@example.com or phone 0800 028 1697
- Sirius Business Services provides a wide range of Health and Safety courses to ensure your company and staff are able to meet the demands of current legislation: https://www.siriusbusinessservices.co.uk/services/health-safety/. For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01305 769969
- 'Updating your HR skills' is a training session aimed at managers in Primary Care who already have an understanding of HR and Employment Law. Delegates will update their skills and knowledge of employment law and HR based on recent developments and explore some complex common situations which occur in Primary Care. Find out more on the Thornfields website here: https://thornfields.co.uk/courses/updating-your-hr-skills/ or email email@example.com
- PMS offer a workshop on HR & employment issues. Participants will improve their understanding of the contractual and legal requirements of staff employment and will receive frameworks for managing staff behaviour. They will also gain insight into human resource management. Find out more here: https://practicemanagersuk.org/workshops/employment-issues/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Leadership & Management
- Cherith Simmons designs and delivers a wide range of leadership and management development programmes: https://cherithsimmons.co.uk/. For more information call 01932856565 or email email@example.com
PCC is an independent provider of training, support, development and consultancy services. Various e-learning courses available including leadership, managing workload and building resilience: https://pcc-cic.org.uk/elearning?page=1. For more information please email Enquiries@pcc-cic.org.uk or phone 0113 2124 180
- Thornfields is a one stop shop for your training, development and management consultancy needs in Primary Care: http://www.thornfields.co.uk/workshop-a-z/. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0333 240 4055
Lockharts Solicitors / VWV are Healthcare law specialists, with over 25 years' sector experience: https://www.vwv.co.uk/news-and-events/events. For more information phone 020 7405 1234
- LGBTQ / Gender Identity Training Workshop Outline Menus (Virtual or Face-to-Face Training Workshops)
- LGBTQ+ Awareness - This LGBTQ+ Awareness course will cover some of the specific language and terminology that is used in relation to LGBTQ+. This course will also cover discrimination and intersectional discrimination in detail, as well as looking in depth at the difference between bullying and harassment.
- LGBTQ+ Awareness Training - Designed for anyone wanting to develop their awareness of LGBTQ+ rights and issues in the workplace. It's particularly useful for those who need to manage LGBTQ+ issues in an organisation, for those with LGBTQ+ colleagues, and for those who work with young people.
- LGBT Foundation’s Training Academy
- LGBT Health Hub from the RCGP
- Off the Record Bath and North East Somerset (OTR) improves the emotional health and wellbeing of young people. See the training options available here
- Maudsley Learning: These courses are ideal for nurses working in GP practices or any other primary care setting, and are mostly designed for nurses working with adults.
Population Health Management
Tackling Health Inequalities through Population Health Management
- Do you work in Health and Social Care, Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE), or Primary Care?
- Do you like to have an understanding of Population Health Management and how important it is as a concept and practice in addressing health inequalities?
- Do you want to understand the impact of strategic workforce planning in tackling health inequalities?
- Do you want to learn about Population Health Management (PHM) capabilities in line with the PHM Maturity Matrix as part of the Primary Care Network development?
These 90 minutes masterclasses are to help you to tackle some of the health and workforce inequalities from a regional, local and national level to support you build and adopt a population health management approach in your day-to-day work.
The aims of the master classes are to:
- Develop system participants' capacity and capability that is confident in utilising a population health management approach
- Understand the care and health needs of specific populations, this may include but not limited to understanding treatment gaps, inequalities, and impact of the wider determinants of health
- Explore and review evidence based population health approaches at local and regional level to inform need based planning and cost effectiveness in decision making and prioritisation.
- Utilise Population Health management approach in continuous improvement to reduce demand for Health and Care services, reduce inequalities and improve public and patient outcomes and sustainable public services
Please see attached pdf for dates and further information. To register click on the date in the flyer (please be advised that the links will take you to the Midlands Leadership Academy website who are coordinating spaces on our behalf, alternatively please click here for further information)
Practice Managers Association
The Practice Managers Association (PMA) is a UK-wide membership body that provides insight, training, education and interaction opportunities for all those involved in general practice.
- The PMA has launched a new education programme specifically designed for existing and aspiring primary care managers, comprising ILM Level 3 and ILM Level 5 Diplomas in Leadership & Management. They provide an excellent opportunity to achieve an internationally recognised formal qualification, regardless of current levels of experience.
- PMA GP Assistant Practice Manager – ILM Level 3 Diploma in Leadership & Management. This course and qualification is ideal for those aspiring into a practice management role whether currently working within a GP surgery or elsewhere. It is also ideal for practice staff who may subsequently move into primary care management as career progression or as part of succession planning. It is suitable for all employees who are expected to develop the skills necessary to lead or manage teams.
- PMA GP Practice Manager – ILM Level 5 Diploma in Leadership & Management. The PMA GP Practice Manager ILM Level 5 Diploma course is designed for those already working in an established management role. It provides all that is needed to reach full potential as well as the opportunity to achieve an internationally recognised formal qualification.
For more information please visit https://practicemanagersuk.org/ email email@example.com or phone 0330 111 6459
- Blue Stream Academy offer various e-learning modules specific for GP Practices including Absence Management, Communication, GDPR, Inductions, Performance Management, Recruitment and many more: Our eLearning System (bluestreamacademy.com). For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01773 822549
- Network for Practices offers a comprehensive range covering NHS Pensions, management and leadership skills, Health & Safety, fraud and forgery, and more: https://www.networkforpractices.co.uk/non-clinical-1 For further information email email@example.com or phone 07539 440633
Practice Management for Your Surgery
The Surgery Network offer a short course covering:
- Purchasing and Cost Control Analyses
- PAI Reimbursements, Stock Control and FP34 Script Validation
- Reception Cash Control and Revenue Analyses
- Monthly Management Controls
Find out more at: https://www.surgerynetwork.org.uk/training/. For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01722 580085
Recruitment - e-Learning for PMs in Hants and Dorset
On-line Safer Recruitment training module available to all GP practices across Wessex. One license has been secured per practice and you will have the option to decide locally who will hold this in your surgery. The learning will provide an excellent grounding in the essentials of safer recruitment, including the recruitment of those you employ to work or volunteer with children, young people and adults.
How to access the course:
- Please access the module via www.vctms.co.uk
- Enter your practice J Code as username and Training123 as temporary password
- At start-up you will be asked to update your name (it will appear on your certificate on completion). If needed, you can also update this later on in your profile section.
- On the right hand side you will see your generic profile. Click on ‘Edit Profile’ to change your email address and also your password.
- Once the learning module is completed you will be given the choice to complete a quiz and if successful, print your certificate. You will be given three attempts to pass the quiz after which the account will be locked. Please contact the training provider (details below) should your account need a reset.
- The lifetime of each individual licence is 1 year.
For more information please email email@example.com or phone 01943 885095
Stress, Burnout & Wellbeing
For non-clinical Primary Care staff: Effective, Practical Workshops that give you the Tools and Techniques for Reducing Stress and Burnout, Promoting Self-Care & increasing your sense of Well-Being: gabbyprowsetraining.co.uk
Workforce & Training Needs Assessment
Key Medical Services (KMS) supports GP practices through bespoke workforce and training solutions. We look to provide appropriate healthcare professionals to assist GPs with their workloads. We work with practices to resolve workforce issues in the short, medium and long term whilst at the same time supporting the existing practice’s workforce with training solutions. These enable practices to become CQC compliant, whilst meeting their workforce’s Continuing Professional Development needs. By motivating staff, resolving immediate issues and planning for a better future we enable practices to move forward and flourish
Workforce & Training Needs Assessment - Key Medical Services (KMS)
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07967 272920