Third Party Training & Events - Practice Managers
Training For Practice Managers
Please do not contact Wessex LMCs about these training events & programmes. These are just being advertised here for your information.
- CQRS Overview and Year-End Hints & Tips Webinars: https://www.insightsol.co.uk/events/
- E-Learning for Healthcare https://www.e-lfh.org.uk/programmes/
- Legal seminars www.lockharts.co.uk
- The Westminster Health Forum - http://www.westminsterforumprojects.co.uk/forums/index.php?fid=westminster_health_forum
- Cherith Simmons: http://www.cherithsimmons.co.uk/openaccesscourses.htm
- Syder and Young: http://www.syderandyoung.co.uk/
- AMSPAR http://amspareducation.org.uk/
- Primary Care Commissioning http://www.pcc-cic.org.uk/
- Practice Managers Association https://practicemanagersuk.org/
- The PMA has recently launched a new education programme specifically designed for existing and aspiring primary care managers, comprising ILM Level 3 and ILM Level 5 Diplomas in Leadership & Management. They provide an excellent opportunity to achieve an internationally recognised formal qualification, regardless of current levels of experience.
- Both diploma courses are integral to successful development and succession planning in the GP practice – vital in today’s ever-changing and challenging environment. As well as enhancing skills and knowledge, the courses will help to boost self-confidence and drive motivation and performance.
- The PMA is an ILM Approved Centre and an Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) Approved Training Provider. The majority of the cost of the diploma courses will be met by ESFA with only a modest co-contribution and the ILM registration fee payable making them highly accessible to all. More information about the programme, funding, and courses can be found on the PMA website or by contacting Austin Ambrose at the PMA.
- PMA GP Assistant Practice Manager – ILM Level 3 Diploma in Leadership & Management
- This course and qualification is ideal for those aspiring into a practice management role whether currently working within a GP surgery or elsewhere. It is also ideal for practice staff who may subsequently move into primary care management as career progression or as part of succession planning. It is suitable for all employees who are expected to develop the skills necessary to lead or manage teams.
- PMA GP Practice Manager – ILM Level 5 Diploma in Leadership & Management
- The PMA GP Practice Manager ILM Level 5 Diploma course is designed for those already working in an established management role. It provides all that is needed to reach full potential as well as the opportunity to achieve an internationally recognised formal qualification.
- If you’re still not sure whether these are right for you, we also offer a Diploma Taster Day This is a one-day workshop which will provide enough information to enable you to make an informed decision. More details are available on our website.
Often these companies run free training courses so it might be worth looking at their websites to see what they have on offer
FREE safer recruitment e-learning for PMs in Hants and Dorset:
On-line Safer Recruitment training module available to all GP practices across Wessex
One license has been secured per practice and you will have the option to decide locally who will hold this in your surgery. The learning will provide an excellent grounding in the essentials of safer recruitment, including the recruitment of those you employ to work or volunteer with children, young people and adults.
How to access the course:
- Please access the module via www.vctms.co.uk
- Enter your practice J Code as username and Training123 as temporary password
- At start-up you will be asked to update your name (it will appear on your certificate on completion). If needed, you can also update this later on in your profile section.
- On the right hand side you will see your generic profile. Click on ‘Edit Profile’ to change your email address and also your password.
- Once the learning module is completed you will be given the choice to complete a quiz and if successful, print your certificate. You will be given three attempts to pass the quiz after which the account will be locked. Please contact the training provider (details below) should your account need a reset.
- The lifetime of each individual license is 1 year, it is advisable however to complete the training by end of September 2016.
For existing learner SUPPORT enquiries or requests:
Learner Support Team
Please call: 01943 885095
International: +44 (0) 1943 885095
Lots of online practical tips – CQC to finance!
QOF Support for your GP Practice 2019
Wiseguy Training: Non clinical Training Programme Sept to Dec 2019
Introduction to Practice Management
Coaching the Coaches