The Nursing Team - DBS
All members of staff who join a Practice after 1st April 2013 need to be risk assessed to see whether a DBS check is required. The rule of thumb is that all clinicians, nurses, HCA's, phlebotomists etc, need an "enhanced check" plus anyone else who may be in a one to one situation with a child or vulnerable adult.
Please note: If you yourself require a DBS check, please do not apply on behalf of yourself, please speak to your manager about arranging this for you. Your Manager will need to initiate your application and verify your identity documents for us. Should you create your own application online the system will not allow you to proceed. Please ask a Manager to create the application for you.
For more information, please click on the following links:
- Wessex LMCS DBS home page - https://www.wessexlmcs.com/dbs
- Who needs a DBS? - https://www.wessexlmcs.com/dbswhoneedsadbscheck
- DBS: Online Process - Frequently Asked Questions - https://www.wessexlmcs.com/dbsonlineprocessfrequentlyaskedquestions where you can also find a link to our Step-By-Step Guide to completing an online application.
- DBS: ID Documentation - https://www.wessexlmcs.com/dbsiddocumentation
- DBS: Tracking and Certificate Reprints - https://www.wessexlmcs.com/dbstrackingandcertificatereprints
For Locum Practice Nurses, the individual will require an enhanced DBS check specific to their place of work, unless they are in receipt of a transportable DBS certificate.