The Nursing Team - CQC
The following has been taken from CQC's website:
We’re the independent regulator of health and social care in England.
Our purpose: We make sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and we encourage care services to improve.
- We register care providers.
- We monitor, inspect and rate services.
- We take action to protect people who use services.
- We speak with our independent voice, publishing our views on major quality issues in health and social care.
CQCs New Strategy
The CQC have released their new strategy for 2021, with an emphasis on collaborative working, patient engagement, safety through sharing learning from experiences of users of the service and professionals, quality improvements and adopting a flexible smarter approach to inspections and regulation.
“We set out our ambitions under four themes
- People and communities: Regulation that’s driven by people’s needs and experiences, focusing on what’s important to people and communities when they access, use and move between services
- Smarter regulation: Smarter, more dynamic and flexible regulation that provides up-to-date and high-quality information and ratings, easier ways of working with us and a more proportionate response
- Safety through learning: Regulating for stronger safety cultures across health and care, prioritising learning and improvement and collaborating to value everyone’s perspectives
- Accelerating improvement: Enabling health and care services and local systems to access support to help improve the quality of care where it’s needed most
Their aim is “to ensure health and care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and to encourage those services to improve. “
Please take a look at the links above for more detail.
The CQC website is https://cqc.org.uk/ where you can find information and advise about all aspects of Health and Social Care.
Please see below for information you may find useful:
- CQC and CAS alerts
- CQC Challenging the CQC
- CQC Infection Control
- CQC Inspection Managers across Wessex
- CQC Interview Questions for "Registered Managers"
- CQC Podcasts
- CQC Pre-Inspection Supportive Information
- CQC Presentation
- CQC Provider Group Registration
- CQC Provider Information Collection (PIC)
- CQC Schedule for Partnership Agreements
- CQC Statement of Purpose
- Health and Safety
- Infection Control in General Practice
- Full list of tips and mythbusters by issue number
- Who should have a disclosure and barring service (DBS) check?
- Significant event analysis (SEA)
- Vaccine storage and fridges in GP practices (Cold Chain)
- Immunisation of healthcare staff