Completing the VTS is an amazing achievement but it can feel as though you are falling of the end of the training conveyor belt, with all help and support suddenly lost. Whilst some will go straight into Partnerships, many choose to work as Salaried or Locum GPs. A growing number of GPs appreciate having a Portfolio career, combining day-to-day Primary Care with management roles, commissioning, medico-politics or just the ability to achieve a positive work-life balance.
Starting out as a Sessional GP can seem complicated and scary with numerous practicalities to sort and hurdles to overcome. However, there is a wealth of information out there – the difficulty can be in tracking it down.
We have produced this dedicated Locum / Sessional GP webpage to link together the available resources. We hope you find this useful.
- Starting as a Locum
- Locum / Sessional Education & Training
- Locum / Sessional GP Appraisal and Revalidation
- Locum / Sessional GP Pensions / Indemnity /Finances
- Salaried Employment Terms
- Retainers & Returners
- Out of Hours Work
- Portfolio GP's
- Support for Locums / Sessional GPs
- Sessional / Locum Job Opportunities
- Newsletters / Updates for Sessionals
- Getting Involved
- FAQs / Hot Topics