LMC News Update Webinars
Dr Nigel Watson hosts this Webinar with LMC Directors; Gareth Bryant, Laura Edwards and Michelle Lombardi, and guest speakers: Dr Matt Inada-Kim, Dr Caroline O’Keefe and Dr Karen Kirkham and Saul Faust from University of Southampton talking about the various Vaccines soon to be available.
The update covered:
- Covid-19 update
- Covid virtual ward - now called Covid Oximetry @Home - Experience so far
- The enhanced service contract for the Covid Vaccination Programme (CVP).
- Notification of Covid-19, death certification and cremation requirements.
- Flu vaccination update.
Q&A - (To follow)
Saul Faust section only - Updated 14-12-20
Click here to hear the full podcast version - NB: Saul Faust section has been updated - please see section above
Dr Nigel Watson hosts this webinar with guest speaker Moira Philpott, PPE Deputy Director- Primary Care, National PPE Team (DHSC NHSE/I)
- Current state of Covid locally
- Update on the Covid Vaccination programme
- The Covid Virtual Ward (CVW) - what is it, how will our patients benefit?
- PPE - update from the Department of Health
- Secondary to primary care shift in work
- Work the hospitals are doing in relation to waiting lists
- Access to diagnostics
- The consequence of stopping non-Covid care for patients
Click on the image below to watch the recorded webinar
PPE Government Portal: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/ppe-portal-how-to-order-emergency-personal-protective-equipment
There is also a section in our Emergencies and Business Continuity Lunch and Learn around a case study on what to do if a member of staff is Covid19 positive. If you are a Wessex LMCs Practice you can access this for free from here: https://www.wessexlmcs.com/lunchandlearn/purchase/6 other LMC members and Non members will incur a charge.
Click here to listen to the podcast version
News Update on 17th September 2020
Dr Nigel Watson talks to Dr Susi Caesar about the changes to GP Appraisals. Susi Caesar is a Dorset GP, Appraisal Lead for Wessex and Appraisal Lead for RCGP & the Academy of Royal Medical Colleges. They are joined by Dr Gareth Bryant.
Dr Nigel Watson looks at changes to the GP Contract and QoF amongst other topical issues as of 17th September 2020
This Webinar focuses on the GP contract changes and the PCN DES for early detection of cancer.
Our two guests for this Webinar are:
- Dr Richard Roope, a GP from SE Hampshire and a Senior Clinical Advisor to Cancer Research UK.
- Dr Krish Kasaraneni, GP in Sheffield and GPC Executive Team Member.
Please click on the below image to view the recording.
You can record your reflections from the podcasts on this form here or via your learning diary here: https://www.fourteenfish.com/about/learningdiary CQC are particularly keen to see any evidence of your listening and how you apply it.
Do you have any feedback for us or suggestions for future video podcasts or webinars?Please share your comments by emailing email@example.com