NHS England GP Contract documents
Global sum allocation formula - a reminder from the BMA how funding for GMS practices is calculated using the Carr-Hill formula, and what is taken into account.
GMS Contract 22/23
Please visit our dedicated webpage for updates to the GP Contract 22/23
GMS Contract 2021/22
Please visit our dedicated webpage for updates to the GP contract 20/21
GMS/PMS Regulation Amendments (No.2) 1st October 2021 Summary
The following amendments were made to the GP contract from 1 October 2021:
- The introduction of a requirement for the disclosure of information about NHS earnings which will begin for individuals who have NHS earnings of over £150,000 in 2019-20. Further information is available in the general practice pay transparency guidance.
- Changes to the process of registering with a GP practice for Crown Servants posted overseas and their family members.
- The removal of the requirement for individual patient consent when moving a patient with an electronic repeatable prescription on to electronic repeat dispensing.
- New requirements regarding the digital offer which all practices must provide to patients.
- The introduction of exemption confirmation requests for patients who should not be tested for, or vaccinated against, coronavirus.
- A requirement for the transfer of patient records between GP practices within 28 days of receiving the request.
We discussed these amendments in our PM webinar 14th October 2021.
There is also a slide set with from this webinar with more detail on these amendments that can be downloaded here.
Richard Vautrey of the BMA summarised the amendments as follows: -
GMS and PMS regulations changes from October 2020 (England)
The amendments to GMS and PMS regulations in England to commence from October 2020 have now been published. These mainly brought into force elements of the GP contract agreement from earlier in the year. The amendments include:
- requirement for monthly data submissions to the NHS Digital Workforce Collection
- requirement to participate in the existing GP appointments data collection
- requirement for practices to ensure patient registration data is regularly updated
- removal of patients who move outside of the practice catchment area: the practice is responsible for the patient’s care for up to 30 days (unless and until the patient registers at another practice) but is not responsible for home visits or out of hours services during that period.
- a modification to make sure that patients who have previously been removed from a practice list and been put onto a violent patient scheme cannot be permanently refused readmission to a practice list if they have been correctly discharged from that scheme.
- patient assignment to any practice within the patient’s local CCG, rather than within the practice area.
- patient assignment as part of a list dispersal
- an exemption to the ban on subcontracting a subcontract in order to allow PCNs greater flexibility to deliver the DES
- final cancellation of CQC registration is a ground for termination of a GMS contract
- other minor amendments to wording without significant change to the meaning
GP Contract Agreement 2020/21
We have a dedicated page for the 2020/21 update to contract at: - https://www.wessexlmcs.com/updatetogpcontract20212324
GP Contract Agreement 2019/20
The BMA’s GP committee reached a contract agreement with NHS England spanning five years, which introduced widespread changes aimed at addressing both the workforce and workload pressures experienced by GPs in England, and improving services for patients by beginning to realise ambitions laid out in the NHS Long-Term Plan.
The contract gave practices almost £1bn across five years, while another £1.8bn investment to support the formation of Primary Care Networks, in which practices work together to provide care to patients across a wider geographic area.
We have a dedicated page for the 2019/20 Contract at: https://www.wessexlmcs.com/gpcontractagreement201920 where you can download a full suite of the contract documents.
Alternatively, go to NHSE GP contract 2019/20
GMS and PMS Regulations 2015
GMS: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2015/1862/contents/made (Issue December 2015)
PMS: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2015/1879/contents/made (Issue December 2015
GMS and PMS Regulations Amendments
Primary Medical Services - Directed Enhanced Services
Premises Costs Directions
Statement of Financial Entitlements Directions
Statement of Financial Entitlements Amendments