Primary Care Support England (PCSE)
We are still receiving numerous queries from practices regarding issues and concerns with PCSE, however, PCSE restructuring in March 2020 led to our Engagement Officer being removed so we no longer have any direct liaison.
PCSE now have a new escalation process for LMCs to use. However, in order for us to raise and escalate any issue, one of the following situations will need to apply:-
- The practice/person is experiencing severe financial hardship, OR
- There is a potential risk to patient safety, OR
- The Practice/person has been waiting for over 40 days since first raising the issue with PCSE, has a valid CAS number, and has reason to believe that resolution is not imminent.
- If the query has not been responded to within 40 days, the practice should contact PCSE Customer Support Centre on 0333 014 2884 and request to escalate their case. If no resolution is received within a further 5 working days the practice can escalate the issue via the LMC.
Other ways to contact PCSE
The Customer Support Centre is open from 8:00-17:00, Monday to Friday for all services.
Telephone Number: 0333 014 2884
Postal Address: Primary Care Support England, PO Box 350, Darlington, DL1 9QN
*Any post, including any claim forms, returns or cheques currently posted to PCSE, should now be sent to the Darlington address above, which is a secure storage and distribution facility. If you wish to courier your documents to PCSE, please note there is a separate address for courier firms to use: Capita Intelligent Communications, Building 17, Units 2 & 6, Lingfield Point, McMullen Road, DARLINGTON, DL1 1RW.
Further information is available on their website: https://pcse.england.nhs.uk/contact-us/
New GP Payments and Pensions Online (GPPP)
Following a number of similar queries, PCSE have created a Practice Manager Guide to Pensions. It may be useful and quicker to check this if you have an issue before raising with PCSE.
From 1st June 2021, PCSE launched the new online service for payments and pensions.
This will allow Practices and GPs working in General Practice to access a range of new services to help manage their payments and pensions administration.
They have also created FAQs for this service that can be seen on their "help page".
They have also produced a guide for " Contacting PCSE for GP Payments queries"
April 2023 - PCSE have added a further useful tool - Estimate and Salary Change Guide - includes a video demo
For any issues with payments, PCSE advise calling their customer support service (0333 014 2884) in the first instance rather than log the query online.
GP employment changes awaiting approval
If you are a Principal or Salaried GP and need to update your employment details, this is done using PCSE Online . Part of the process requires approval from either the 'PL Practice Manager' or the ICB (previoulsy CCG) who will receive an email from PCSE asking them to log onto PCSE Online in order to approve the change.
- If the status of your change is showing as 'Waiting for Details' this means that it is pending approval by the person at your practice with the ‘PL Practice Manager’ role on PCSE Online. Please speak to them to progress your request.
- If the status of your request is showing as 'Awaiting NHSE', this means that it is with your ICB awaiting approval. ICBs will acknowledge this change once the appropriate contractual changes have been made. Please speak to them to progress your request.
You can view the full process of completing an employment change here . Once your employment change has been approved, the status will change to assigned.
Useful links to PCSE resources
- PCSE YouTube Channel
- GP Payments and Pensions (GPPP) Guides
- Estimate and Salary Change Guide
- GP Statements - Factsheet (explains practice statements in more detail, including answering your questions about claim rejections and how to query a payment line)
- PCSE Online User Management webpage
- PCSE 'Contact Us' webpage
- Premises and Locum Cover claims in PCSE Online - video