Practice Manager Conference 2015
Wessex LMCs held two Practice Manager Conferences for 2015 providing inspiration and information covering:
- National and local updates from LMC Directors.
- Access to free funding for education.
- Updates from Practice Managers on their experiences of merging & setting up a provider group.
Welcome and Introduction: Nigel Watson, Chief Executive, Wessex LMCs
Current Issues Affecting Practice Managers and What’s Coming Next: Carole Cusack, Director of Primary Care, Wessex LMCs
- Merging Practices - A year on…….where are we? Julie Perryer, Practice Manager
- Setting up a Provider Company - How we did it and where are we now? Andy Lopez, Practice Manager
- Coming to the Rescue Clive Oliver, Managing Partner
A Whistle-Stop Tour of Updates for PMs
- HR, Health & Safety etc etc, Richard Woolley, Independent Consultant, First Practice Management
'Sucking out the fear from the NHS, and stuffing back the fun' : Phil Hammond – Doctor, journalist, broadcaster, campaigner, comedian………..
Education & Training
- Care Certificates for HCAs , Loo Blackburn (Project Manager for the Care Certificate)
- Apprentices , Ian Weller (Excellence Centre Coordinator, South, National Skills Academy)
- Revalidation for Nurses , Pippa Stupple (General Practice Nurse Lead, Health Education Wessex)
- Practice Placements for Student Nurses
What does the Future Hold?: Nigel Watson, Chief Executive, Wessex LMCs