The National Performers List website can be accessed at: http://www.performer.england.nhs.uk/.
These website provides information about the National Performers Lists. There are three national lists for Medical, Dental and Ophthalmic performers. The lists provide an extra layer of reassurance for the public that GPs, Dentists and Opticians practising in the NHS are suitably qualified, have up to date training, have appropriate English language skills and have passed other relevant checks such as with the Disclosure and Barring Service and the NHS Litigation Authority.
The information on these pages is split into two parts, providing different information for different groups of people. The first section provides information for the public; including the facility for members of the public to check the status of their GP, dentist or optician on the relevant performers list. The other section is for current and prospective performers. It contains the documents needed to apply for inclusion on a list, along with guidance on completing forms and supplementary information. It also provides a tool to enable performers to find their Area Team and Responsible Officer. Please note that applications must be made in person.
The Performers List Regulations are available at: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/335/contents/made
The following advice has been received from the NHS England South (Wessex) area team:
All GP trainees (ST1 and ST2) going into their first practice placement, must have submitted their NPL1 application form to PCSE (email@example.com) before the start date of their practice placement. Please ask your trainee to provide proof of applying. This will be either a copy of their email submitting their NPL1 or an email from PCSE confirming receipt of their application.
If the trainee has not applied for the MPL, they are not allowed to work in the practice until they have sent in their NPL1 form.
GP ST3 trainees should already be on the MPL and you can check this on the website: https://www.performer.england.nhs.uk/Search/SimpleSearch
Foundation trainees (F2s) are exempt from being on the Medical Performers List.
Useful Performance Team Contact details
If you are a General Practitioner in the South West of England (including Dorset), you will connect to the local office that manages the performers list for that area:
- NHS England & NHS Improvement South West - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Iona Neeve, Head of Professional Performance, South West. - Email: email@example.com Tel: 07733455609
- Responsible Officer: Dr Caroline Gamlin - Caroline.firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a General Practitioner in the South East of England, you will connect to the local office that manages the performers list for that area:
- NHS England & NHS Improvement South East - Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Thames Valley - Email: email@example.com ,
- Jeniene Scott – Head of professional standards - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07824461605
- Ljuba Stirzaker Deputy Medical Director – Professional Standards - Email: Ljuba.email@example.com Tel: 07786 518669
- Responsible Officer: Dr Shahed Ahmad