Named accountable GP for all patients
The GP Contract for 2015/16 built on the requirements of the 2014/15 agreement to provide a named and accountable GP for patients aged over 75 years. Practices must now have a named accountable GP for all patients. Those responsibilities include:
- Working with revenant health and social care professionals to delivery a multidisciplinary care package that meets the needs of the patient.
- Ensuring that these patients here access to a health check.
For more information on;
- When and how to inform patients
- How to communicate the arrangements
- What the role of the named GP does not include,
go to the BMA's webpage at: https://www.bma.org.uk/advice/employment/gp-practices/service-provision/named-accountable-gp-for-all-patients
Named GP - Read Coding
The technical guidance for 15/16 advises that you are required to add the Read Code of "patient allocated named accountable general practitioner".