Abnormal Bloods: Interpreting the Results
Dr Paul Cook, consultant in chemical pathology and metabolic medicine, will discuss dealing with abnormal blood test results in Primary Care. He will help us adopt a critical approach to biochemical values. As well as looking at the principles of interpretation of blood results, he will also cover a large number of topics including:
- Vitamin D, Alk phos and how to investigate abnormal LFTs.
- Lipids and lipid modification therapy and cardiovascular risk calculators, Q risk 3.
- Statins and side effects and intolerance.
- Vitamin B12, eGFR And acute kidney injury.
Dr Paul Cook, consultant in Chemical Pathology & Metabolic Medicine joins us again. Dr Cook manages to make interpretation of biochemical tests seem so easy with a real emphasis on the Primary Care management of abnormal results. The session will cover a range of topics including:
- Creatinine/Acute Kidney Injury
- Tumour markers
|Member of Wessex LMCs||£15.00|