About this Lunch & Learn
This Lunch and Learn training resource aims to increase the awareness of practice staff to this piece of legislation. The Accessible Information Standard applies to all GP practices and providers should have been compliant with the standard since 31st July 2016.
The Accessible Information Standard aims to ensure patients and carers with a disability, impairment or sensory loss:
- Get information they can access and understand
- Receive any communication support they need.
It is hoped that the impact of this will be:
- Improved patient outcomes and experiences, and the provision of safer and more personalised care and services.
By the end of the training session, delegates will be able to:
- Describe different communication and information needs, and the impact on individuals of not meeting these needs
- Explain the aim and purpose of the Accessible Information Standard
Certificates of attendance are provided as part of the package, and don’t forget to log your learning points & reflections as part of your CPD. CQC are particularly keen to see any evidence of your learning and how you apply it.
We welcome any feedback from you and your staff when you have run any of our Lunch and Learn training resources.
Please note: Paying via credit or debit card will permit immediate access. If paying via BACS, access will be granted once payment is received.
|Frimley Health & Care ICB
|Hampshire and Isle of Wight ICB
|BaNES ICB Locality
|Channel Islands ICB