Locum Membership to Wessex LMCs
All GPs report that their workload has increased over the last few years and what is also clear is that general practice is barely coping with their daily workload as increasingly patients are becoming more demanding and challenging and there is no additional resource or capacity to assist. The wealth of knowledge, guidance and support that Wessex LMCs are able to impart to general practice has therefore become imperative in assisting practices on a daily basis. As a GP you will have surely evidenced this and can appreciate the support that general practice is needing to meet the ever changing climate of the NHS and patient demand.
We are pleased to advise that we are able to offer locums an online membership at a reduced cost of £50 per year, i.e. less than a pound per week, which is usually tax deductible. The benefits of being a paid member include the following:
- Advice when you need it - ask the LMC when you don’t know who else to ask – we’re here to help.
- Advice and support with ethical queries.
- Support from our excellent website which includes all the safeguarding contact detials for wherever you might work across our area.
- Access to Wessex GPSD, support your colleagues who may be in distress.
- Contract checking if you decide to move into a different role.
- Reduced or free attendance at LMC events including free safeguarding and BLS updates.
- Advice about appraisal or revalidation.
Why join us?
The LMC is the only representative organisation mandated to represent and negotiate for GPs at a local level. We want to hear all the voices around the table.
What does the LMC do?
- Independent representatives of General Practice
- Promote quality and maintain standards of practice
- Represent to others – CCGs, Area Team and other organisations
- Resource – providing expert advice, training and support to all GPs
How do I access membership?
To renew, please click on the following link and log in: https://www.fourteenfish.com/account/logon
If you have not yet registered with a login please click here to create your account: https://www.fourteenfish.com/account/register
One you have logged in and clicked on the ‘My profile’ button in the top right hand corner you will see an option at the bottom of the page under the heading 'Account Linking' to ‘Pay membership’. Once you click on this you will be able to pay for your annual membership.
If you have not yet linked your account to Wessex LMCs, click on the 'Link to an Organisation' button and select Wessex LMCs from the drop down options. You will then be able to pay for your membership.
In the meantime, why not take a look at our website www.wessexlmcs.com for all the latest news and guidance from us.