ADVANCE NURSE / PARAMEDIC CARE PRACTITIONER – THE QUARTER JACK SURGERY
THE QUARTER JACK SURGERY
ADVANCE NURSE / PARAMEDIC CARE PRACTITIONER
Permanent: From 20 hours to full time
Hours of work: specific hours / days (Monday to Friday) to be agreed at interview
Salary range: From £23 per hour upwards - dependent on experience.
Benefits include: NHS pension, 30 days pro rata holiday (+ bank holidays), free parking, staff patio area, events, monthly in-house training, large & friendly Nurse Practitioner team
The Quarter Jack Surgery is looking to recruit an experienced, RGN-qualified Advanced Nurse/Paramedic Practitioner to join our very friendly multi-disciplinary team, which includes a team of four Nurse Practitioners and on-site network paramedics. Our reputable, large, training practice has high levels of patient satisfaction and a pleasant and covid-safe working environment.
You will ideally be an experienced, autonomous nurse to provide care for our patients; from initial history taking, clinical assessment, diagnosis, treatment (including prescribing where appropriate) and evaluation of care for same day care and minor illness/injuries. You will need to demonstrate critical thinking in the clinical decision-making process, prioritising and assessing the needs of the patient accordingly. Clinics are fully supported by our 10 GPs, and will include a mixture of e-consults, telephone triage and same day face to face appointments. You should be able to remain calm during busy periods, have great communication skills, IT knowledge and the ability to multi-task, as well as be confident to work on you own, but also as part of a supportive and flexible team. Experience of SystmOne and working in the NHS would be an advantage.
The Quarter Jack Surgery offers you:
- List size 15,000
- 7 Partners, 3 Salaried GPs, 2 Registrars, 4 Advanced Nurse Practitioners, 2 Paramedic Practitioners (Primary Care Network), 5 Practice Nurses, 2 HCAs and a phlebotomist
- Full support from our Reception, Prescribing and admin teams
- Established training practice with registrars and medical students
- Wider working with our successful Wimborne & Ferndown Primary Care Network with 5 local surgeries. This network includes physios, paramedics, pharmacists, social prescribers, health coaches, respiratory and diabetes nurses and a frailty team
- ‘Good’ CQC inspection
- Daily Duty Doctor support and clinical supervision
- Weekly NP meeting and separate weekly nurse meeting with GP partner
- 6 weeks holiday & bank holidays
- NHS Pension
- Annual bonus
- Generous sick pay policy
- Flexible start and finish times - to be mutually agreed
- Free onsite parking
- Free company events (eg summer & winter parties) ad hoc pizza & ice cream!
- Relaxing staff patio area
- Staff feedback that The Quarter Jack is a great, friendly place to work
Please see our Quarter Jack Surgery website for more information or contact Gemma Rymes, Lead Practice Nurse.
PLEASE SEND YOUR CV TO QUARTERJACK.SURGERY@NHS.NET FAO: Jane Burns
We look forward to your application.