Reception and Rota Supervisor - Avon Valley Practice
- 30 to 35 hours per work with flexible working hours from 0800 to 1830, Monday to Friday essential.
- Primarily based at Upavon Surgery with presence at Durrington Surgery as required
- Driving licence with car essential
- Salary £29,320 FTE
- Effective communication skills essential
Scope of role
- Being first port of call for queries from other members of the reception/dispensing team and wider practice workforce regarding reception services
- Communicating proposed changes, updates, incidents etc
- Holding monthly/6 weekly team meetings
- Advising and supporting the team when dealing with complex customer enquiries, and making decisions on non-standard service requests
- Monitoring telephone, appointment and TPP task activity to ensure activity and communications are effective and responsive, optimising service provision includes but not limited to
- Daily reception figures
- Review of daily handover
- Monitoring tasks – overdue and due in the next 2-3 days
- Providing training to new and existing receptionists in accordance with training needs assessments to ensure a high quality service is delivered consistently
- Reviewing and updating SOPs for reception services
- Coordinating reception training, e.g. induction programmes for new staff
- Acting as a role model, demonstrating and promoting the standards expected by the Practice and creating the energy and enthusiasm for the service.
- Providing regular constructive feedback to the management team on the day to day operation of the team including
- Attending meetings with Managing Partner or deputy
- Reporting and investigating relevant significant events
- Reporting, investigating and responding to patient feedback including complaints
- Rota development and management including annual leave requests, receipt and response to sickness absence notifications and payroll submissions
- Working with the Managing Partner to ensure facilities maintenance and Health and Safety compliance.
- Undertaking reception and dispensing shifts, completing NVQ Level 2 in dispensing
We are fortunate to be very flexible about experience and skill sets and would be happy to speak to anyone who would enjoy rural General Practice.
For informal visits, more information or a chat, please email Anna Morton (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing date: Friday 12th January 2024, or sooner for the ideal candidate, to start with us in mid-February 2024 if possible.