Practice Manager - Alma Medical Centre
Due to our current Practice Manager relocating we are seeking a proactive motivated and conscientious Practice Manager to join our friendly team who will bring enthusiasm and commitment to the role.
We are based in Southampton, providing care for around 11,000 patients. We are a research practice and are actively involved within our PCN.
Our ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and leadership qualities, good IT skills. Previous NHS experience in Primary Care, along with experience of System 1 are preferable.
The role will involve working closely with the GP Partners and also with our Primary Care Network, ICB and other stakeholders.
Duties and responsibilities to include (this list is not exhaustive)
- Day-to-day operational oversight, ensuring staff achieve their primary responsibilities in line with their roles.
- Providing leadership and guidance to appropriate staff ensuring that they adhere to policy and procedure at all times.
- Overseeing the administrative elements of QOF and other performance targets, liaising with GPs, nurses, pharmacists, HCA and non-clinical staff. Guiding the team to reach QOF and other performance targets.
- Reviewing and implementing systems to ensure compliance with CQC regulations and standards.
- Reviewing and regularly updating job descriptions and person specifications in conjunction with our HR advisor and with the approval of the GP Partners. Ensuring staff are legally and gainfully employed including locum/sessional staff.
- Management of the clinical system, ensuring IT security and IG compliance at all times and responding to and resolving local IT issues. Working with the ICB IT team and other colleagues
- Guiding staff and developing searches and audits on the clinical system
- Ensure that the practice has a training matrix detailing the training and educational needs of all staff grades in line with current guidance/regulations, and that staff are compliant against this matrix.
- Review and develop practice policies and procedures in line with current regulations/legislation/guidance in conjunction with GP Partners.
- Ensure service development and delivery is in accordance with local and national guidelines. Ensure that practice complies with NHS England contractual obligations.
plus, any other duties and responsibilities agreed with the GP Partners
How to apply
To be considered for this role please email a copy of an up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org