Phlebotomist - Lordshill Health Centre
30 hours over 4/5 days (some flexibility available)
£ depending on experience
6 weeks holiday + free parking
If you are already experienced with NHS General Practice but are looking for a change, or a friendlier, happier work environment then we are the practice for you
We are a welcoming practice with an emphasis on staff satisfaction and a sense of teamwork. As a phlebotomist, you will take blood samples from patients which are examined in a laboratory and the results can be used to quickly diagnose diseases and conditions. Patients may be nervous about having their blood taken, so you must reassure them and put them at ease.
Your main duties will include:
- Ensuring that the patient is as comfortable and relaxed as possible and confirming their agreement to the collection of a blood sample
- Collection of samples of blood in accordance with training and procedures
- Ensuring samples are stored in appropriate containers
- Accurate, legible labelling of all samples to confirm patient identity
- Recording information on the clinical IT system (EMIS) in accordance with practice procedure
- Processing and management of laboratory samples requested by GPs/nurses
- Vaccine/cold chain storage, monitoring and recording
- Surgical equipment and vaccine re-stocking and stock rotation
- Clearing and re-stocking consulting rooms
- Preparing and maintaining environments and equipment before, during and after patient care interventions including assisting GPs during the performance of minor operations and coil clinics.
- Chaperoning duties
What you’ll need to have
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Empathetic, approachable, and able to interact sensitively
- Digitally savvy and comfortable with embracing technology
- A passion for customer care and working in healthcare
- Ability to work as part of a busy team
- Previous Phlebotomists experience is required for this role
We fully commit to offering an exciting opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge in the specialised area of general practice.
- For immediate start.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the UK
- The Partners reserve the right to review applications throughout the advertising period, so early application is encouraged.
Please send your CV with a covering letter explaining why you feel you should become part of our happy, hardworking team to: – Ms Debbie Charman email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 23rd February 2024