Medical Secretary - The Newman Practice
The Newman Practice seeks a Medical Secretary to join our established Administration team. This post is due to retirement of one of our Medical secretaries who is primarily responsible for the private work done by the GPs however there would also be NHS referrals needed. We require someone who can offer 24 hours on covering a Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Candidates should have a medical administrative background – ideally in a Primary Care or GP Practice context.
For further details, or to arrange an informal visit to the Practice, you are very welcome to contact the Practice Manager, Emma Bentley
Main duties of the job
To work as part of the Practice’s Administration team resource to support the delivery of an efficient and professional administrative service to patients, doctors, staff, and health service professionals.
We are a highly innovative & friendly team, committed to delivery of excellent patient care. We are a very supportive & sociable team who have regular social events.
Our Practice is run by four GP partners, complemented by two salaried GPs and other members of our clinical team. The Administration team consists of six administrators, a reception manager, IT manager and deputy practice manager. We are proud to be part of the Poole Central Primary Care Network.
We have a list size of just over 5000 patients, making us big enough to be efficient but small enough to care.
We have a stable population allowing us to really know our patients & their families. We provide continuity of care & traditional cradle to grave medicine. Our person-centred care receives excellent feedback from our patients. Our patient satisfaction scores surpass CCG & national averages.
We are a single site practice situated in Poole close to the town and the sea.
Our ethos: Delivering excellent holistic, patient care through teamwork, by valued members of our practice team. We want to ensure you maintain good job satisfaction, by enjoying providing great care & having a good work-life balance.
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to work quickly and accurately.
- Excellent concentration skills, demonstrating
- undivided attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload.
- Good time management skills with the ability to
- work to deadlines.
- Minimum of GCSE Grade C (or equivalent) in
- Maths and English.
- Relevant A Levels or Further/Higher education Qualifications
- Experience of work in an administrative background in a GP or Medical/Clinical environment
- Proficiency in MS applications (Word)
- Experience/Knowledge of SystmOne software
- Experience of other clinical tools such as AccuRx
- Knowledge of medical databases / software
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Desire to achieve and maintain high personal and professional standards.
- Able to cope with sensitive nature of work, with a patient and calm approach.
- Self motivating ability to prioritise work with minimal
- supervision whilst also being receptive/responsive to direction from management and partners
- Innovative and proactive.
- Show complete reliability in all matters and is
- honest and trustworthy.
- Possess a real desire to provide quality service to
- Willing to work flexible hours as necessary.
- Ability to provide cover during periods of annual
- leave and / or sickness absence.
The Newman Practice
36 Parkstone Road