Medical Receptionist - Homewell Practice
We have an opportunity to join our reception team at the Homewell Practice.
Our practice and the demand for GP services has grown over the last 2 years, and this means we are substantially growing our team.
We are looking for a new part time member of staff to join our reception family.
We are looking for a flexible, reliable and loyal person who is adaptable and will think of this opportunity as a career. Someone who loves to learn and loves to work in a busy environment would suit this role.
Working as a Medical Receptionist can be a challenging role so experience of working in a busy customer service role is essential and experience of working in a healthcare setting is desirable.
This is an extremely varied role, and no day will ever be the same. This is a role that will not be learnt in a day, and we are looking for someone who will see this as a challenge that they can conquer. Full training will be given.
- The role is based on shift work between 07:30 – 19:00 Monday to Friday
- 4 weeks’ notice will be given for all shifts
- This is a permanent contract
The hours available
- 1 x 20 hours per week.
- NHS Pension
- Access to NHS Blue Light Discount – Range of official discounts from large national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- 5 weeks annual leave per year (pro-rated) PLUS bank holidays. Increasing to 6 weeks annual leave (pro-rated) PLUS bank holidays after completion of 2 years service
- A day off on your birthday
- On-site Parking
- Fun, family feel place of work
Brief Job Description
The post holder will undertake a variety of reception and administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the practice. You will have a positive and friendly image towards patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone. The post holder will receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way. You will facilitate communication between patients, members of the primary health care team, secondary care and other associated healthcare agencies.
Duties include, but are not limited to
- Answering calls from patients and healthcare agencies
- Patient administration including, registrations, deductions, change of address
- Processing of patient information from secondary care and other healthcare agencies
- Completion of various administrative tasks as directed by clinicians and leadership team
- Arriving patients and visitors into the building in a safe and polite way
- Experience of customer service in a healthcare setting or other busy customer service roles
- Good experience of working in a team
- Solid previous office experience and administration experience
- Excellent IT skills
- Experience of IT within a medical environment
- Experience of General Practice
- Good communication skills (both written and oral)
- Good telephone manner and keyboard skills
- The ability to listen and follow instruction
- Problem solving
- Medical terminology (desirable)
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and engage with others
- Ability to be flexible, use your own initiative and manage your own time effectively to ensure that all tasks are completed within the required timescales
- Used to working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Adaptable to quick changes
- Confident, organised and able to make decisions quickly
How to apply
Please send a CV to Sharon Windley, HR Administrator at: email@example.com
Closing date: 26th January 2024