Health Care Assistant - Testvale Surgery
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our fantastic team at Testvale Surgery. Testvale Surgery is a committed, friendly, flexible, supportive practice who value a workplace where everyone is appreciated. We place high value on support, compassion, development and looking after each other. A good sense of humour also helps.
We are looking for a person with experience working as a Healthcare Assistant. We are keen to develop this role to suit your strengths and interests. You should be prepared to work hard to look after your patients and work with the wider team.
New patient health checks / ECG recording / BP monitoring / Phlebotomy
Chaperoning duties / Routine Vaccinations Flu & B12
Wound care / ulcer care/Doppler / Removal of Sutures
Processing and management of laboratory samples requested by GPs/nurses
Vaccine/cold chain storage, monitoring and recording
Surgical equipment and vaccine re-stocking and stock rotation
Clearing and re-stocking consulting rooms
Applicants should have excellent communication skills, good time management, with a caring approach and be a committed team player.
English and Maths GCSE Level C or above are a must to be able to forward your career and take advantage of this position. Completion of the Care Certificate is required for this role.
- For immediate start.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the UK
- The Partners reserve the right to review applications throughout the advertising period, so early application is encouraged.
- In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately.
- In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential.
- Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
Health & Safety:
The post-holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others health, safety and security as defined in the practice Health & Safety Policy, to include:
- Using personal security systems within the workplace according to practice guidelines.
- Identifying the risks involved in work activities and undertaking such activities in a way that manages those risks.
- Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills.
- Using appropriate infection control procedures, maintaining work areas in a tidy and safe way and free from hazards.
- Reporting potential risks identified.
Equality and Diversity:
The post-holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues, to include:
- Acting in a way that recognizes the importance of peoples rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with practice procedures and policies, and current legislation.
- Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues.
- Behaving in a manner which is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgmental and respects their circumstances, feelings, priorities and rights.
The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the practice as part of this employment, such training to include:
- Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development.
- Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work.
The post-holder will strive to maintain quality within the practice, and will:
- Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk.
- Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the teams performance.
- Work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patients needs.
- Effectively manage own time, workload and resources.
The post-holder should recognize the importance of effective communication within the team and will strive to:
- Communicate effectively with other team members.
- Communicate effectively with patients and carers.
- Recognize peoples needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly.
Contribution to the Implementation of Services:
The post-holder will:
- Apply practice policies, standards and guidance.
- Discuss with other members of the team how the policies, standards and guidelines will affect own work.
- Participate in audit where appropriate.
How to apply
If interested, please forward your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com detailing why you would like to work for Testvale Surgery.
Closing date Friday 19th January 2024.
Interviews to be held on Friday 26 January 2024.