Advanced Nurse Practitioner – Winchester City PCN - Winchester City PCN
Due to our continued success and growth Winchester City Primary Care Network (PCN) are now actively recruiting a Advanced Nurse Practitioner to join our organisation.
This role will be embedded in one of our Core Network Practices and fully integrate with the practices on the day duty teams.
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate treatment/interventions and care for patients presenting with an undifferentiated diagnosis Clinically examine and assess patient needs from a physiological and psychological perspective, and plan clinical care accordingly
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate interventions/treatments for patients with complex needs.
- Proactively identify, diagnose and manage treatment plans for patients at risk of developing a long-term condition (as appropriate)
- Diagnose and manage both acute and chronic conditions, integrating both drug- and non-drug-based treatment methods into a management plan
- Carry out different types of consultations. Face to face, telephone, home visits and video conferencing
- Prescribe and review medication for therapeutic effectiveness, appropriate to patient needs and in accordance with evidence-based practice and national and practice protocols, and within scope of practice
- Work with patients in order to support compliance with and adherence to prescribed treatments.
- Provide information and advice on prescribed or over-the-counter medication on medication regimens, side-effects and interactions
- Prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately to assist the patient in complex, urgent or emergency situations, including initiation of effective emergency care
- Support patients to adopt health promotion strategies that promote healthy lifestyles, and apply principles of self-care
- Assess and triage patients, including same day triage, and as appropriate provide definitive treatment (including prescribing medications following policy, patient group directives, NICE (national) and local clinical guidelines and local care pathways) or make necessary referrals to other members of the primary care team
- Manage undifferentiated undiagnosed condition and identify red flags and underlying serious pathology and take appropriate action Use complex decision making to inform the diagnosis, investigation, complete management of episodes of care within a broad scope of practice;
- Actively take a personalised care approach and population centred care approach to enable shared decision making with the presenting person; and
- Complete the relevant training in order to provide multi-professional clinical practice and CPD supervision to other roles within primary care, for example first contact practitioners and the personalised care roles.