FutureNHS Platform has a wealth of information on the Digital Primary Care Space. It requires sign up to access, but is very quick and easy.
Access to electronic patient records
- Keep up to date with what you can and cant allow: https://www.wessexlmcs.com/subjectaccessrequestsarflowchartandletters
- Medical Records, Online Access and NHS App: https://www.wessexlmcs.com/medicalrecordsonlineaccessandnhsapp
- ICO guidance: https://ico.org.uk/
- If in doubt, contact email@example.com
- Check to see if all your staff and partners are using IT efficiently and consistently
- Are all the users accessing up to date templates
- Consider buying in http://www.ardens.org.uk/
- Is there a member of staff running searches?
- Do you need to source training? ( Via CSU/CCG?)
E-referral Service /Choose and Book
- Ensure all know how to use it http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/appointment-booking/Pages/about-the-referral-system.aspx
- Do you check that the searches/audits are right?
- Do the payments measure the searches you have run?
Use of Templates
- Who updates them?
- Read codes- are they correct with what the returns need for payment?
Patient Call Systems
- Do all consultants know how this works?
- Do all receptionists also know how this works?
Data Security & Protection Toolkit (Previously IG Toolkit)
- Know who is responsible for this and the timelines for completion.
- Appoint a Caldicott Guardian
IG Helpline for Hampshire Practices
Hampshire CCGs pay the Commissioning Support Unit for a helpline for Information Governance issues. The phone line is 02380 627579 and the email is SCWCSU.IGEnquiries@nhs.net
(This is not available to IOW nor any other area in our patch)
- Ensure more than one staff member can re-set passwords
- Check all staff access these and can reset their passwords if necessary
- NHS Digital have guidance for sending secure email (including to patients)
- Check all staff know how to use the basic programmes needed
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
- Know who it is
- Communicate troubleshooting/contact names to staff for IT issues
- Know and communicate who supports to the software and hardware to staff for troubleshooting
- Essential for returns - Login at https://login.cqrs.nhs.uk/cas/login
- NHS Digital host details for the CQRS including a user guide and training.
- Training can also be accessed via http://insightsol.co.uk/
- CQRS Local - for local incentive scheme claims. YouTube video overview.
NHS Digital host the services for both of these mandatory submissions
- General Practice Annual Electronic Declaration (eDEC)
- General Practice complaints collection (K041b)
Practice Website & NHS Choices
- Keep up to date
- Advice on adverse comments: https://www.wessexlmcs.com/nhschoicesrespondingtonegativefeedback
TV screens/check in/info screens
- Check who maintains them
- Add your own info for the waiting room
- You will likely need a music licence - see our webpage Music Licenses & PPL Licensing For Waiting Rooms
- Make sure users know what system to use and how to use it
- Eg ICE http://www.sunquestinfo.com/products-solutions/integrated-clinical-environment
- Communicate contact details for troubleshooting
- Check your local CSU to see what services they offer you eg training/IT https://www.england.nhs.uk/tag/csu/
- Make sure all are up to date
- Ensure there is a member of staff to assign roles and trouble shoot
- Contact details for Smartcard registrations - South
- NHS Digital have a full suite of smartcard guidance leaflets
- NHS Digital Self-renewal NHS smartcard service
- Check to see if you are able to do this.
- Advice on implementation is here: https://www.wessexlmcs.com/textsmsmessaging
IT Contractual Requirements
- Know where the responsibility lies for hardware and software and communicate the contact details for trouble shooting to the staff
- Health Care Computing run some contracts for IT for GP surgeries: https://www.healthcarecomputing.co.uk/ Contacts are negotiated for groups of practices.
Equipment Asset Log
- Make a list of what IT there is in your practice
- Who owns what?
- Is some of it offsite (for remote usage)
- Make sure the user name and passwords and known by those you want to use it
IT back ups & Hosted Servers
- Make sure you know what your system does and contacts for troubleshooting
Friends and Family Test
- Can be done with software e.g. https://www.fourteenfish.com/fft