The APHO (Association of Public Health Observatories): http://www.apho.org.uk/
General Practice Profiles are designed to assist GPs, consortia and Commissioning Organisations to ensure that they are providing and commissioning effective and appropriate healthcare services for their local population. In addition to viewing individual practice profiles, you can draw together a cluster of practices and view the resulting profile. Each constituent practice can be compared with the cluster and the England average. Alternatively, practices can be compared with their CCG/Area Team and England.
The indicators in the profiles include:
- Local demographics
- Estimated prevalence rates
- Quality and Outcomes Framework (QOF) indicators
- Admission rates
- Patient satisfaction
The revised version of the profiles include updates following valuable user feedback, and specifically:
- Secondary care use (NHS Comparator) data are back in the tool
- ERPHO have responded to the most urgent concerns revealed in your feedback and in the User Survey. The biggest change is in the spine charts, where indicators are now rated from ‘lowest’ to ‘highest’, and any value that is significantly different from average is coloured blue, whether it is higher or lower than average.
- From next week, PDFs printed from the tool will include hints on context and interpretation, and read more easily
- Numerous smaller issues with the data formats have been fixed