Directed Enhanced Services (DES) are nationally negotiated services, which are over and above those provided under GMS/PMS/APMS contracts, which the ICB (delegated by NHSE) are obliged to commission. Directed Enhanced Services in 2023/24
Directed Enhanced Services in 2023/24
- Network Contract (PCN) – Documents covering this DES and can found on NHSE website. See also Wessex LMC Contract update.
- Learning Disability Health Check
- Violent Patients Scheme (Special Allocation Service)
- Minor Surgery Scheme
The details for these can be found in the NHS – Primary Medical Services (Directed Enhanced Services) Directions 2023
Finance details can be found in the Statement of Financial Entitlements Directions.
Additionally the following enhanced service will continue for 2023
Weight Management – Full details in the specification.
NHSE usually publish and run this enhanced service from 1st September to 31st March each year. Please visit the Wessex LMCs flu pages each year for full details. Flu 2023/24.
The specification is usually made available at the appropriate time on the NHSE GP Contract webpage.
Locally Commissioned Services (LCS)
- These are schemes designed to meet local needs (and are sometimes referred to as Local Enhanced Services – LES)
- They are optional for Practices to provide
- The ICB will usually consult with the LMC before they are issued, and we try to secure the best terms. It is an individual Practice decision to decide whether they want to sign up
- The BMA list a number of these services on their website that they are aware of around the country.