GP Contract Agreement 2019/20
The BMA’s GP committee has reached a contract agreement with NHS England spanning the next five years, which introduces widespread changes aimed at addressing both the workforce and workload pressures currently experienced by GPs in England, and improving services for patients by beginning to realise ambitions laid out in the NHS Long-Term Plan.
The contract gives practices almost £1bn across five years, while another £1.8bn will be invested to support the formation of Primary Care Networks, in which practices will work together to provide care to patients across a wider geographic area.
Information/documents can be found on the NHSE website & also there are links below to a number of useful documents:
- General Medical Services & QOF Guidance 19/20
- Brief Introduction to Quality Improvement
- Quality Improvement Case Studies
- Quality Improvement Module Document: End of Life
- Quality Improvement Report Template: Safe Prescribing
- Network Contract DES Specification 19/20
- Network DES Guidanace 19/20
- Network DES Registration Form
- Network DES & VAT Information Note
- Mandatory Network Agreement
- Network Agreement Schedules
For more information please also visit www.bma.org.uk/gpcontractengland