The LMC recognises the vast amount of advice and information that is available for the seasonal influenza programme each year and the amount of work this creates for practices.
|Top Tips Booklet||Flu Podcast of FAQ's|
|We have again this year produced a publication entitled "Top Tips". This pulls together the headline information from all the Public Health England (PHE) documents to assist practices with setting up and running their flu clinics. It contains both information and links to various documents, leaflets and publications. To access the booklet click on the image below.||
Helene and Michelle have recorded a short podcast of the frequently asked questions along with the key points from the Top Tips booklet. This can be viewed by clicking on the image below or pasting this link in your browser https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jArCjjKgEvc
The following headings link you to each topic contained within the booklet, should you just be looking for a specific reference point:-
- Claiming and coding
- Delivery of vaccines
- Who is eligible and other cohorts
- Which vaccines should be used for which age group
- How should vaccines be handled and stored
- PGDs and Group PSD for flu administration
- How is the injectable vaccine given
- Clinical FAQs
- Childhood Flu Programme
- Practice Staff
- 2019/20 DES specification for Seasonal Influenza vaccine programme
- Useful information for patients
- PHE Flu Vaccine Special Edition Update September 2019
- PHE Flu Vaccination - Who should have it this winter and why
There is free online updates for staff administering vaccines and this can be access here https://www.e-lfh.org.uk/programmes/flu-immunisation/
Our web page, HCA competency standards, gives guidance on training and indemnity for HCAs administering flu vaccinations to patients.
You can sign up to receive regular vaccine updates which includes information on the Governments flu vaccination program by clicking on this link.
If you have queries regarding this years flu programme please contact us at email@example.com