Fundamentals of Level 3 Safeguarding for Adults virtual training
Wessex LMCs Ltd LEaD Account event
Tuesday 13 October 2020 at A smart device near you!
This is an afternoon event.
Times: 13:30 - 16:30
Dr Farrah Bajwa
Mrs Wendy Thorogood
Mrs Sian Turner
1pm log in. 1.30 - 4.30 training
Wendy Thorogood will lead this half day which complies with Adult Safeguarding Training Level 3. Wendy works locally and nationally and has worked with children, the NHS and in Safeguarding combined for more than twenty-five years. This interactive webinar for primary care staff, will look at the guidance, and discuss several challenging safeguarding dilemmas, to see how we can meet our statutory duties in practice.
Dr Farrah Bajwa (GP) will be supporting Wendy in this session, and Sian Turner, National Adviser National at the National Crime Agency will be looking at Modern Day Slavery/Human Trafficing National Crime Agency
Course aims and objectives
- Provide an understanding of the legislation regarding safeguarding adults and what it means to us in practice
- Provide an awareness of individual and professional responsibilities to support vulnerable adults in a way that lets them make their own choices about their lives
- Prevent harm and reduce the risk of neglect or abuse
- Raise awareness so that health and social care staff and professionals understand ways to identifying, responding and preventing abuse and neglect with specific regard to local multi agency processes and procedures.
- Provide essential safeguarding vulnerable adult resources in a meaningful way which can be utilised in everyday practice
What is covered in this course?
- What is safeguarding for adults
- How to support vulnerable people/families
- How to respond to adult safeguarding enquiries and alerts
- How to participate in investigations / reviews
- Human Trafficing / Modern Day Slavery
Please note that our Autumn Safeguarding Programme has been completely refreshed and adapted to be highly relevant in the present time of Covid.
Delegate Feedback from previous Safeguarding Training: "Wendy’s sessions are phenomenal!" August 20
A smart device near you!
Is the training accessible to wheelchairs? Yes
Name: Giselle Thornton
If you have any communication or mobility needs that the event organisers need to be aware of please contact them in advance of the course to let them know.
Event has taken place
This event is in the past and has already taken place.