The Lost Update
Wessex LMCs Ltd LEaD Account event
Wednesday 2 October 2019 at Angel Hotel
This is a multi-day (consecutive) event.
Times: 09:30 - 17:00
Food is provided at this event.
Dr Andrew Morrice
This is a 2 day course: Wednesday 2nd October 2019 Registration 9.15am for a 9.30am start and 5pm finish. Supper will be served at 6.00pm. On Thursday 3rd October the start will be 9:30am and finish 4pm.
You have found
“The Lost Update”
An engaging and thought-provoking 2 days of presentations and discussions bringing you up to date on topics that no drug rep or consultant is likely to cover. Simple, powerful ideas and usable information to refresh your thinking and practice.
“You will need to bring only an open mind and relaxed attitude” Dr Gareth Bryant, Wessex LMCs.
Amongst many other things, you will have the opportunity to learn:
- Ways of cutting through the complexity of modern health care to focus on what matters.
- Language skills to help patients (and why management-speak can leave you exhausted!).
- A basic toolkit to ensure conversations, meetings and consultations work well
- To understand “exercise” from a whole new perspective
- The relevance of the science of emotional arousal and the limbic system to all your work
- Why it is so hard to think rationally about diet, and what the evidence actually shows.
- Why CBT works, despite being based on an out-of-date theory of brain function
- New insights into depression, and new ways to respond to and help depressed patients
- Although aimed at GPs, this course is open to everyone
Enlightening, informative and empowering” Anon Delegate Feedback 14.08.19
Trainer: Dr Andrew (Boris) Morrice BSc MBBS MD MRCGP DipHGP
A GP who looked after a personal list for the last 20 years, Andrew has been studying the material presented here for even longer. He taught for 15 years on the Whole Person Care course at Bristol Medical School, and began using the Human Givens approach, which underpins this course, in 2003. Outside of medicine, he is an enthusiastic dinghy sailor, and hopes soon to find time for his singing.
NB: This course is designed to run over two days, the whole being greater than the sum of it's parts!
Supper & Accommodation:
To get the best from the course, we highly recommend you take the chance to relax, chat about the day, and reflect with other interested and interesting colleagues by staying for supper on day one. Accommodation is also available, and to book your supper and/or accommodation please contact Angel Hotel Chippenham Tel: 01249 652615 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please advise the Hotel that you are with the Wessex LMCs party. Unfortunately the Hotel only has 10 Bedrooms to offer us, and we are expecting 30 delegates. I have therefore identified the Premier Inn Chippenham as a nearby alternative.
Just the most amazing course!” - Anon Delegate Feedback 14.08.19
A little about "The Lost Update" October 2019
For a flavour of what to expect on the day, please click on the short film below.
If you are interested in finding out more please take a look at the full film below.
Market Place, Chippenham, SN15 3HD
Is the training accessible to wheelchairs? Please contact event organisers to discuss
Name: Giselle Thornton
If you have any communication or mobility needs that the event organisers need to be aware of please contact them in advance of the course to let them know.
Event has taken place
This event is in the past and has already taken place.