Wessex LMCs Annual Conference 2018
Wessex LMCs event
Wednesday 28 November 2018 at Norton Park Hotel
This is an all day event.
Times: 08:30 - 17:00
Food is provided at this event.
To book your place: Please follow the booking links at the bottom of this page. Please note payment is non-refundable, however we can transfer any places you wish to cancel to another colleague. Places limited to two per practice.
WGPET Members: Reduced delegate fee of £25 per person. You will be required to enter your membership number upon booking and submit payment to Wessex LMCs to book your place.
The Wessex LMCs Annual Conference remains a hugely popular and important event which has been held in the autumn for a number of years and generally reflects a balance of many of the challenges that we know GPs, Practice Managers and our practices face but also provides an insight into things that we believe will happen in the near future. This year is no different. . .
Given my appointment this year by the Secretary of State for Health & Social Care to conduct a review of how the partnership model needs to evolve in the modern NHS, I have been inspired by the optimism that lives on in General Practice; the review has taken me to various parts of the country to see what is working well, where things are very difficult, and listening and learning from local GPs, practice managers and other practice staff to help shape the review.
What are the key messages we have received so far…..? The partnership model is not dead. Many still believe it is a model that serves the patients and population well, but it is at significant risk in terms of workload, workforce, lack of resources, recruitment and retention to name but a few.
Hence, it seems our challenge is to make general practice a better place to work, to ensure the working day is manageable with a sufficient workforce to meet the demand, to reduce the personal risk and liability, to introduce greater flexibility for those who want it and to create a positive future for general practice if we are to reinvigorate the partnership model. Some of the key areas being addressed by the Review and the LMC directly include:-
- A state backed indemnity scheme from 1st April 2019 to cover all clinicians who work within a GMS, PMS or APMS contract.
- The commitment from the Government to invest £20bn additional funds per year and how that might increase the resources available to General Practice.
- The Partnership Review – looking not only at the challenges but also the solutions that would change the fortunes of general practice and the partnership model.
- The GP Forward View – has it helped general practice and what about the future?
- The LMC does not stand still and has expanded its education and training offer, now working in partnership with the Wessex GP Education Trust to develop GP education.
- The LMC have responded to the challenges in general practice with our Practice Manager Supporters Programme and now having GP Supporters.
- The LMC has been working with younger emerging GP leaders through the Next Generation GP Programme and have witnessed the enthusiasm and ability of over 60 local GPs, 3 of whom will be joining the LMC as GP Leadership Fellows for a year starting in September 2018.
This conference is your chance to become better informed and help change the future of general practice locally by contributing to the debate and discussion. I look forward to sharing both my personal journey with you and the hard work of the LMC in the hope that together we can “help shape new options for future generations of family doctors….” 1
(1 NHS England Chief Executive, Simon Stevens, GP Online, 11 May 2018)
Norton Park Hotel
Sutton Scotney, Winchester, SO21 3NB
Is the training accessible to wheelchairs? Yes
Name: Julie Thornley
Phone: 023 8025 3874
If you have any communication or mobility needs that the event organisers need to be aware of please contact them in advance of the course to let them know.
This event is being supported by the following companies:
LMC Buying Groups Federation
All delegate fees are non-refundable. However, if it has been agreed that a refund is possible, it will be subject to an administration charge of £5 if the delegate fee is £100 or less, or £10 if the delegate fee is more than £100.
Event full: Book on the waiting list
This event is fully booked, but you can still reserve a place on the waiting list.
Number currently on the waiting list: 0
|All GPs and members of staff working within GP practices in the Wessex LMCs' catchment area.||£85.00|
|CCG & Area Team Members||£85.00|
|WGPET Members (Wessex GP Educational Trust)||£25.00|