Wessex LMCs Mental Health Conference
Thursday 30 November 2017 at Salisbury Race Course
This is an all day event.
Times: 09:00 - 17:30
Food is provided at this event.
The Wessex LMCs Mental Health Conference is aimed at raising greater awareness of mental health. We want to help people to look after themselves, know where to find help, and update their knowledge. We want to get this topic on the table. We want to talk about it. We want to make a difference!!
As we all know we are working in challenging times - mental health being an important issue for GPs and their patients. With approximately 30% of a GPs workload made up of mental health conditions, many such as those with personality disorders, eating disorders and perinatal mental health problems can be time consuming and very challenging. That aside, the LMC are also seeing an increase in GPs with stress, burnout and mental health issues.
This innovate event will start off with how we can all protect ourselves from stress, burnout and maintain our own mental health and wellbeing. There will then be a section on the Practitioner Health Programme, the new service which is already being widely used in Wessex with excellent outcomes. We will then cover a number of mental health problems that are commonly seen but cause problems in General Practice including the management of anxiety and depression.
The day will be appropriately concluded with a talk from Simon Weston CBE, the Welsh Guardsman who survived some horrific injuries as a result of his ship being bombed during the Falkland’s War. Those who have heard him talk before, which I have, will find this both inspiring and humbling and an excellent way to conclude our day.
Hopefully you will find this conference an inspiring start towards making that difference!! We would therefore recommend that you book early as interest in this conference is already significant and places are limited.
To book your place: Please follow the booking links at the bottom of this page. Please note payment is non-refundable, however we can transfer any places you wish to cancel to another colleague. Places limited to two per practice.
WGPET Members: FREE PLACE! You will be required to enter your membership number upon booking and submit full payment to Wessex LMCs to book your place. Following your attendance at the conference your delegate fee will automatically be refunded by WGPET.
- Mental Health Draft Agenda v7.pdf
- 1. Claire Breeze 2017 Wessex LMC Mental Health Conference Claire Breeze's slides 30 November.pptx
- 3. Kit Stone Medically Unexplained Symptoms November 2017.pptx
- 4. David Hogan - LMC Perinatal Mental Health Presentation.pptx
- 5. Rodi Karadimova - Diagnosis_and_Treatment_of_Adults_with_ADHD - Nov 2017.pptx
- 6. Stuart Purcell Presentation Personality Disorder.pptx
- 7. Toby Sutcliffe - Anxiety & Depression.pptx
- 8. Hugh Sanderson - Talking about Samaritans LMC final Nov 2017.ppt
- 9. Kate Sault, Steve Parker, Emma Moore - GP presentation salisbury.pptx
- David Hogan Handout Communication Top Tips.pdf
- David Hogan Handout Red flags document -.pdf
- David Hogan Medication Top Tips Spotlight Project -3rd edit.docx
- Kit Stone Handout CHECKED MUS Guidance_A4_4pp_6.pdf
- Samaritans Leaflet.docx
- Resilience not Endurance.docx
- Endurance and Resilience bl copy.mp3
- Claire Breeze - Links to books.docx
Salisbury Race Course
Netherhampton, Salisbury, SP2 8PN
Is the training accessible to wheelchairs? Please contact event organisers to discuss
Name: Joanna Clarke
If you have any communication or mobility needs that the event organisers need to be aware of please contact them in advance of the course to let them know.
Event has taken place
This event is in the past and has already taken place.