complete Effective Appraisals
Wessex LMCs Ltd LEaD Account event
Tuesday 28 November 2017 at The White Horse Health Centre (Westbury Group)
This is an all day event.
Times: 09:15 - 16:00
Food is provided at this event.
Mr Kevin Chard
9.15 - 9.30 Coffee and Registration
9.30 - 4.00 Training Day
Are you new to managing and never run an appraisal before? Or do you feel your appraisal system needs a rethink, or needs to be refreshed? Maybe you don’t like running appraisals, and don’t feel you and your team benefit from them? If so, this 1 day programme will be an ideal opportunity to look at best practice, and update your skills. This course is suitable for anyone running appraisals including nurses
- Why do we do appraisals?
- Remind yourself and refocus on the benefit of appraisals
- Defining the excellent performance manager
- Understand what an excellent performance manager knows, thinks likes and does well
- Performance management
- Recognise what’s important to a manager of performance, and how to be effective at performance management
- Appraisal and performance management
- Understand the place of appraisal in the performance management cycle and what it is and isn’t for. Understand the “no surprises” philosophy.
- Communication Skills for appraisals
- Focus on the skills of questioning and listening in the context of appraisals
- Understanding your appraisal system
- Share and compare your system to those of your colleagues, understand the pros and cons of your process
- Effective feedback
- Understand how to frame effective feedback
- Developing Others
- Become familiar with different methods of developing your team members – e.g. mentoring, coaching, observing, training, learning journals etc.
- Appraisal Practice
- Practical simulation of running an appraisal
Feedback from a nurse who attended training by Kevin Chard ( Trainer) on 1st March 2016
"How to make appraisal training interesting? Get Kevin in!"
The White Horse Health Centre (Westbury Group)
The White Horse Health Centre, Westbury Group Practice, Mane Way, Westbury, BA13 3FQ
Is the training accessible to wheelchairs? Yes
Name: Louise Greenwood
Phone: 023 8025 3874
If you have any communication or mobility needs that the event organisers need to be aware of please contact them in advance of the course to let them know.
Event has taken place
This event is in the past and has already taken place.