Directed Enhanced Services (DES) are nationally negotiated services, over and above those provided under usual contracts, which the Area Team / CCG is obliged to commission.
Directed Enhanced Services in 2021/22
- Network Contract (PCN)
- Learning Disability Health Check
- Violent Patients Scheme (Special Allocation Service)
- Minor Surgery Scheme
The details for these can be found in the NHS - Primary Medical Services (Directed Enhanced Services) Directions 2021
Finance details can be found in the Statement of Financial Entitlements Directions.
Additionally the following two enhanced services were introduced in July 21
- Long Covid and Weight Management - further details on our contract webpage
Following on from the Covid Vaccination Programme Phase 1 & 2,
NHSE have published an Enhanced Service Specification for COVID-19 vaccination programme: phase 3 2021/22
August 2021 - NHSE have also published two Enhanced service Specifications for the seasonal flu programme
- Enhanced Service specification for Seasonal Influenza
- Enhanced Service specification for Childhood Seasonal Influenza
- LMC Summary of Key Points in the Enhanced Service
Another useful resource is NHSE GP Contract webpage.
Locally Commissioned Services (LCS)
- These are schemes designed to meet local needs (and are sometimes referred to as Local Enhanced Services - LES)
- They are optional for Practices to provide
- The CCG will usually consult with the LMC before they are issued, and we try to secure the best terms. It is an individual Practice decision to decide whether they want to sign up
- The BMA list a number of these services on their website that they are aware of around the country.