New Lunch and Learn Training Resource - Chaperone Training
Date sent: Friday 22 May 2015
Email sent by Wessex LMCs, on Friday, 22 May 2015
We have just launched a new Lunch and Learn Training Resource for our practices on Chaperone Training.
These resources offer a different way of practices training their staff as it enables you, on behalf of the practice, to deliver training over a lunchtime, or at any time to suit you, by giving you all the materials you need.
When you purchase the Lunch & Learn package you will receive access to a PowerPoint presentation and all the accompanying relevant training materials.
Benefits of the Lunch & Learn packages:
- They are more cost effective than face to face training
- They can be run whenever & wherever suits you
- They can be run as a multi-disciplinary meeting, with specific groups of staff or with individuals
- When training is being done as a practice, useful practice-wide decisions and discussions can result
- They can be run with new staff as part of their induction
- They will be updated by the authors of the training package so you can feel reassured that you are delivering accurate training
- By using the package’s original material, a consistent message will be portrayed to staff who have the training sessions at different times.
This training resource looks at the role of the chaperone, their importance and the practice policies in regards to chaperoning.
The chaperone is present to support the patient and the clinician. CQC are very keen to know how practices deal with chaperones in their practice as it is a question of patient safety.
There are real examples in the presentation to encourage discussion and re-enforce the learning.
By the end of the training, all attending should be aware of the importance of the chaperone, how to act as or with one, and the practice should have a timescale to develop a practice policy.
Feedback from delegates who have attended this training session:
"it was clear, concise and informative"
"very informative and has cleared up a few myths with up to date information"
To access this training please click here https://www.wessexlmcs.com/chaperones
Chaperone Training is now our 6th resource in this series - all available at £30 each to be used as many times as you like. The Dementia one is free!
All Lunch & Learn Packages can be found here: https://www.wessexlmcs.com/lunchandlearn
Do come back to me if you have any queries at all about this and enjoy a great bank holiday weekend
With best wishes
Louise Greenwood | Wessex Local Education, Training and Development Manager (LEaD)
Wessex Local Medical Committees Ltd
Phone | 023 8025 3874 Mob I 07771 613 758 Fax | 023 8027 6414
Address | Churchill House, 122-124 Hursley Road, Chandler's Ford, Eastleigh, SO53 1JB