Wessex LMC Campaign Launch: Helping YOU to re-write the S.C.R.I.P.T
Date sent: Saturday 17 January 2015
Email sent by Wessex LMCs to all GPs & PMs, on Saturday, 17h Jan 2015
Helping YOU to re-write the S.C.R.I.P.T
Solutions / Challenges / Resilience / Innovations / Productivity / Transformation
The LMC has a long history of supporting GPs, Practice Managers and General Practice and we are all too aware of the challenges that General Practice is facing at present. We are regularly seeing GPs and Practice Managers who feel that they are unable to cope with the intensity and complexity of the demanding workload that is being placed upon them as individuals or as organisations.
The LMC has been supportive of the campaigns launched by the RCGP and the GPC to raise the public's awareness of the current state of General Practice but question how much impact these campaigns have at a local level.
As an LMC we represent over 3000 GPs working in 500 practices and have a wide geographical area. We have therefore been working on some ideas that might have a larger impact locally.
Over the coming months we will be sending you regular bulletins that will provide you with help and support.
For example, we will:
- Produce articles / interviews that are relevant to your patients that you might wish to use in your Practice.
- Engage with the local media to raise the profile of the positive aspects of General Practice.
- Disseminate information relating to coping in challenging times - it is all about resilience.
- Publish key messages you might want to use with your patients, using Twitter, Facebook, as Posters or on your TV screen in the waiting room.
- Develop a bespoke website page with resources / tools for practices to use.
- Develop a website which you could link to your practice website and you could promote to your patients with basic common sense advice.
- Top Tips - this will provide some simple bullet point advice about a variety of topics.
- Have you heard of TED Talks? This stands for Technology, Entertainment and Design and is essentially a way of producing short video clips that disseminate information relating to a key theme or message. We will monitor this to see if it is useful and has benefit.
This is just a starting point and we need your feedback and engagement. Therefore, please let us know if you have any other ideas/solutions and share with us your examples of good practice, top tips etc. that others may find helpful too by completing the following Ideas/Solutions Form and emailing it back to the LMC Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: The LMC Campaign web pages will not be viewable unless you are an LMC member and can only be viewed by logging into the LMC website with your myLMC login (top right of the LMC Website page).
Once you have logged into the LMC website you will see an additional tab on the Login toolbar called "LMC Campaign" which will give you access to the campaign web pages.
These pages will be added to as we develop and produce more and more tools to help you with: Solutions / Challenges / Resilience / Innovations / Productivity / Transformation, hence the Campaign name S.C.R.I.P.T.
Once you have logged in, you will be able to access the Campaign Bulletin page, which shows our first bulletin on "Patient Access" in line the recently issued BMA document: Quality First, Managing Workload to Deliver Safe Patient Care. I have attached the first bulletin to this email so that you can get a flavour of how we are trying to help you and your practice.
We look forward to hearing your ideas and solutions that we can develop and share with others.
Dr Nigel Watson
Churchill House, 122-124 Hursley Rd
Chandler's Ford, Eastleigh
Hampshire SO53 1JB (Registered Office)
Attached file: Bulletin-001-Patient-Access.pdf