NHS England GP Monthly Bulletin
Date sent: Tuesday 10 July 2018
NHS England - General Practice Bulletin - essential reading for all GPs and Practice Managers
NHS England have just published their new monthly bulletin for general practice.
Dr Arvind Madan, Director of Primary Care at NHS England, writes and excellent introduction to the new General Practice Bulletin. Arvind reinforces the central role that primary care plays within the NHS and the importance of this in the 70th anniversary of the NHS.
The emerging networks, natural communities of care or clusters (all the same but different terminology used by different organisations) are groupings of between 30-70,000 patients and are important because you will see over the coming months that this will be grouping that will gain in importance with incentives for practices to work together in their localities.
I often hear that the GP Forward View has delivered very little, well here is your chance to read what it has been achieved.
The Bulletin also includes updates on:
- The GP Partnership Review - which I know a little about!!
- The GP Contract negotiations for 2019/20
- The State backed Indemnity scheme
- There are links to information about GP Networks
- Next Generation GP - I have written about this group in the past - we had a very active group in Wessex and 3 of these GPs are now going to be working for a year for the LMC as GP Leadership Fellows.
- NHS England has announced 7 Intensive GP Support sites - to undergo rapid interventions at different levels – personal support for GPs, practice support and system support / improvements – to achieve the greatest possible impact on the engagement and retention of local GPs. The site chosen for our Region is the Isle of Wight.
If you want to sign up to receive these Bulletins regularly , and I recommend that you do, click here.
Dr Nigel Watson
Churchill House, 122-124 Hursley Rd
Chandler's Ford, Eastleigh
Hants. SO53 1JB (Registered Office)