DBS: Tracking and (Certificate Reprints - old paper forms only)
Tracking an application sent to DBS – NEW DBS Portal
Whilst an application is being processed by the DBS, you can track the Application to see exactly which stage it is in and a timestamp for when each stage is completed. Once logged in, If you click on the ‘Receipt Received’ status from the Application Dashboard and click on the “Status” icon () next to the individual Application you wish to track, a pop up will appear and display the information for you, as shown below:
You can click the ‘Refresh’ button on this page to update the information.
Alternatively, you can track the progress of applications manually via: https://secure.crbonline.gov.uk/enquiry/enquirySearch.do.
This service is open to Applicants, Employers and Registered/Umbrella bodies.
To track an individual Application, you will need to provide:
- The Applicant’s Date of Birth
- The Disclosure Application Form reference number (also known as the E-Form Reference Number) – this can be found by searching for the candidate and clicking on the symbol.
Tracking an application sent to DBS (old paper form only)
Once Wessex LMCs has sent an application to DBS for processing, both the applicant and practice manager will receive an automated email advising of the tracking number.
Employers and applicants can use the DBS tracking service to check the progress of an application.
Employers can track multiple applications.
You will need to ensure you have the applicant's date of birth and the relevant DBS form reference number.
Please note the DBS tracking service link will only work through Internet Explorer and not Google Chrome or Firefox.
Certificate reprint / lost or non receipt of certificate
- Only one reprint can be issued. If a reprint is lost then a new application will need to be processed.
- A reprint can only be issued more than 14 days since the original was dispatched but no later than 3 months since the dispatch date.
- A reprint can only be sent to the applicants address as per their application form. If the applicant has moved address since the application was submitted then they will need to set up mail redirection before requesting a DBS certificate reprint. Please see the Royal Mail website for more information on how to do this.
Should you wish to contact the Disclosure Customer Services Department directly via email, please ensure you include the full name, address, telephone number and any DBS form reference numbers.
Telephone: 0870 909 0811
The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) helps employers make safer recruitment decisions and prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups, including children. It replaces the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA).
Click here to access the DBS website home page.
Click on the following link to access the DBS Code Of Practice.