DBS: Online Process - Frequently Asked Questions
How do I complete an online application?
- Please download our step by step guide explaining the process for both Practice Managers and applicants.
- The following video shows the stage by stage process for applicants applying online: http://youtu.be/PMoDQfyHaFk
- The following video shows the stage by stage process for Practice Managers to initiate and sign off on an applicants online application: http://youtu.be/82mXtpptToo
Why has my applicant not received their email notification?
- Have you clicked on the 'Start the application' button at the top of the application screen? (see stage 6 of the step by step guide). Once you have done this an email notification will be sent to the applicants email address as entered at the time of creating the application.
- Please ask your applicant to check their spam/junk box. The email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org (see stage 7 of the step by step guide)
How do I re-send the email notification to my applicant?
- To-re-send the activation email to your applicant, log back into their application. Click on the ‘resend activation email' button at the top of screen. An email will be sent to them immediately. Please note the LMC is unable to re-send an email notification to an applicant on your behalf.
- Should the 'resend activation email' button be missing, this is because your applicant will have already opened the original email sent to them and clicked on the link contained in the email to start their application. Your applicant will therefore be able to access their application by following these steps:
Please click on the following link: https://www.wessexlmcs.com/account/register
Enter your name and your email address (same email address as entered by the person who created your application) and click register. You will then receive a registration email to your email account which will allow you to complete your account log in.
Once you have completed your account set up click on https://www.wessexlmcs.com/account/logon and log in using your email address and password . (If for any reason you have already created an account with your email address in the past and you have forgotten your password , you can reset it here: https://www.wessexlmcs.com/account/forgotpassword )
Once you have logged in using your email address, click onto the blue DBS Tab/button at the top of page.(See stage 9 of the step by step guide)
You will see your name listed in blue showing as status ‘started’
If you click on your name you will be able to open your application and complete the information required.
How to I amend my applicants email address?
To amend the email address for your applicant, log back into their application. Click on the 'Edit the application further' button at the top of screen. You will then be able to amend the email address field with the new email address. Click on the 'Next' button at the bottom of the screen. You will then be asked to confirm you wish to amend the email address. Once you have saved the new email address you will then be able to re-send an email notification to the applicant. (see Q: How do I re-send the email notification to my applicant?)
My applicant is unable to attach ID to their application, can I add this for them?
- Yes, it is acceptable for you to upload three forms of ID on behalf of an applicant. Once they have submitted their application to you, please click on the 'check summary button' you will then see an 'add document' button which will allow you to attached copies of ID. (See stage 23 of the step by step guide). Please note three individual forms of ID are required to be uploaded as three separate attachments. If three forms of ID are uploaded in one attachment, you will need to contact the LMC to ask us to remove the attachment limit.
I have checked an application, however the 'Submit to LMC' button is missing?
- Please ensure you have clicked on the 'Check Summary' button and three forms of ID are attached. If all three forms of ID have been uploaded as one attachment rather than three separate attachments then you will need to contact the LMC to ask us to remove the attachment limit.
- Please ensure you have opened each form of ID uploaded and checked the ID by clicking on the verification tick boxes. (See stage 23 of the step by step guide)
- For each document uploaded you will be asked 'Does this document show the current address and has it been issued in the last 3 months?' Please ensure that you have clicked YES against at least once documents or you will be unable to submit the application to us. (See stage 16 of the step by step guide)
Can I apply for my own application online?
- If you yourself require a DBS check, please do not apply on behalf of yourself, please speak to your manager about arranging this for you. Your Manager will need to initiate your application and verify your identity documents for us. Should you create your own application online and use the same email address for both the creator of the application and as the applicant the system will not allow you to proceed. Please ask a Manager to create the application for you.