DBS: Create & Submit an Application and FAQ's
Wessex LMCs Disclosure and Barring Service - DBS (Previously known as CRB)
Wessex LMCs is pleased to be able to offer this service to our Practices.
Please read the 'Who Needs DBS Check' guidance carefully and if, having read it, you wish to apply, please Register for an account on the website or Log In if you already have one. Once logged onto the Website, please return to this page you will be able to create and submit an application or view the status of existing application.
If you yourself require a DBS check, please do not apply on behalf of yourself, please speak to your manager about arranging this for you. Your Manager will need to initiate your application and verify your identity documents for us. Should you create your own application online the system will not allow you to proceed. Please ask a Manager to create the application for you.
Please note: only the applicant will be sent a DBS certificate, the Surgery will not be sent a copy of this. The Surgery will need to request sight of the certificate from the applicant and record a note of the certificate number and date of issue on the staff file of the applicant for CQC purposes.
- Create a new DBS application: Please Log In to the website or Register if you do not already have an account and return to this page to proceed. Click on the 'Start a new DBS Application' button.
- Complete and submit an existing application: Please Log In to the website or Register if you do not already have an account and return to this page to proceed. Please click on the applicants name in blue to open the application and complete and submit details.
- Check the status of an application: Please Log In to the website or Register if you do not already have an account and return to this page to view the status of an existing application.
- The Online Process: Frequently Asked Questions Troubleshooting for Practice Managers and applicants completing an online application. A step by step user guide and videos explaining the online process can also be found here.
- Identity Documents A listing of ID documents accepted by DBS.
How much is a DBS Check?
Effective from the 1st January 2016, DBS costs will be increased as follows, which will include a £3.00 VAT charge to the administration costs associated with processing DBS applications. This will be evident on the payment acknowledgement you will receive when processing the payment via FourteenFish:
All DBS applications once initiated and work commenced are non-refundable. However, if it has been agreed that a refund is possible for applications that have been paid for but not started, a £5 administration charge will be applicable.
Please refer to the Wessex LMC and Client Agreement document making sure you have read the agreement between you (as the Practice) and us (as the Umbrella Body). Please click here ro read the Retention and Disposal of Disclosures and Disclosure Information Policy Statement