The following has been taken from CQC's website:
We’re the independent regulator of health and social care in England.
Our purpose: We make sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and we encourage care services to improve.
- We register care providers.
- We monitor, inspect and rate services.
- We take action to protect people who use services.
- We speak with our independent voice, publishing our views on major quality issues in health and social care.
CQCs New Strategy
The CQC have released their new strategy for 2021, with an emphasis on collaborative working, patient engagement, safety through sharing learning from experiences of users of the service and professionals, quality improvements and adopting a flexible smarter approach to inspections and regulation.
“We set out our ambitions under four themes
- People and communities: Regulation that’s driven by people’s needs and experiences, focusing on what’s important to people and communities when they access, use and move between services
- Smarter regulation: Smarter, more dynamic and flexible regulation that provides up-to-date and high-quality information and ratings, easier ways of working with us and a more proportionate response
- Safety through learning: Regulating for stronger safety cultures across health and care, prioritising learning and improvement and collaborating to value everyone’s perspectives
- Accelerating improvement: Enabling health and care services and local systems to access support to help improve the quality of care where it’s needed most
Their aim is “to ensure health and care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and to encourage those services to improve. “
A new strategy for the changing world of health and social care - CQC's strategy from 2021 | Care Quality Commission
Our strategy on a page | Care Quality Commission (cqc.org.uk)
Please take a look at the links above for more detail.
The CQC website is https://cqc.org.uk/ where you can find information and advise about all aspects of Health and Social Care.
Please see below for information you may find useful:
CQC Pre-Inspection & Access Visits - Supportive Information
CQC - Audio & Video Podcasts and Recorded Webinars
CQC - Inspection Managers across Wessex
CQC - Interview Questions for "Registered Managers"
CQC - Provider Group Registration
CQC - Schedule for Partnership Agreements
NATIONAL STANDARDS OF HEALTHCARE CLEANLINESS 2021 NHS England
National Standards of Healthcare Cleanliness – summary