Covid-19 - Operational Guidance for Restoration & Recovery
As the current Covid-19 peak has passed and General Practice is looking to restore services to a new "normal", we have created a document to cover topics for consideration in this process.
We do need to be clear that in this current ever changing landscape, we will keep it as up to date as we possibly can, however bearing in mind how quickly the situation changes you are advised to check content before taking any actions.
Double Click on the image below to open and download the full document. Once downloaded, you can also double click on any of the CONTENTS page which will take you directly to that specific section and or topic rather than having to go through the whole document to find information.
An update to the clinical guide for the management of patients with musculoskeletal and rheumatic conditions who are already taking corticosteroids, or require initiation of oral/IV corticosteroids, or require a corticosteroid injection in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic has been published on the British Society of Rheumatology website. Wessex LMCs: Steroid injections.. updated Guidance Dec 2020
Time for Care - Covid Support
Do you want to embed the positive changes you have recently experienced? Have you got ideas for a new process and want to know how to get it started? Do you need help getting others engaged?
NHSE have experienced facilitators who are available and funded to help practices and PCNs to
- Accelerate the launch of new models in practices and PCNs
- Ensure new ways of working run smoothly, safely and sustainably
- Free up staff time to focus on the highest priorities
- Help practice and PCN leads to support their teams through rapid change.
There are currently 350 live projects working through at the moment. Examples are:
- Children’s vaccine administration drive-through scheme
- Planning for the flu campaign
- ‘We have quickly introduced total triage – how can we make sure we have done this thoroughly involving all our staff to make is efficient and safe for patients in an ongoing way’
- Planning for keeping the good parts of the recent changes of working and how to include the whole PCN
- Working through running a virtual planning meeting – providing a facilitated place for all opinions to be heard and an action plan worked through looking at the future
In this podcast, Louise Greenwood, Director of Wessex LEaD, talks with Helene Irvine, Nurse advisor, on getting back to normal post Covid and where to start with restoration.
Click on the image below to listen to the podcast