Covid-19 AZ and blood clotting
With reports of a very rare condition involving blood clots and unusual bleeding after vaccination, and in particular relating to the AZ vaccine, there are a number of official documents and guidance to note.
- Gov.uk - Information for healthcare professionals on blood clotting following COVID-19 vaccination
- Gov.uk - A range of resources developed and updated to support decision making.
- The Gov.UK website has JCVI statement on use of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine along with MHRA advice.
- NHSE have published FAQs for MHRA and JCVI guidance on AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine and very rare clotting disorders
- 7th April 21 Letter from NHSE - MHRA and JCVI announcement regarding AstraZeneca Vaccine and next steps
- The RCGP have responded to the change in JCVI guidance regarding AstraZeneca vaccine for under-30s