Business Planning and Processes / Transfer of Secondary Care Work
Click here to download the BMA’s guidance outlining ways in which you can:
- manage inappropriate workload
- collaborate with others
- develop new ways of working
The Interface between Primary and Secondary Care: This briefing document describes the key national requirements which clinicians and managers across the NHS need to be aware of. These are set out in the new NHS Standard Contract for 2017-19, under which clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) commission health services from providers, which came into effect on 1 April 2017 and which will remain in place until 31 March 2019.
Template Letter for Inappropriate Transfer of Secondary Care Work
Click on the following link to access the response to the inappropriate transfer of secondary care template.
- if there is one, check where it is advertised and whether all staff know about it.
Strategic / Business / Action Planning
- Choose who will be the strategists within the practice. It might help to have one GP partner overseeing each area ( eg HR, Finance) with the PM
- Decide when strategic decisions should be made – eg at an away day?
Decision Making Processes
- Record minutes
- Sign agreed minutes to reflect the agreed accuracy
- Locum insurance
- Business interruption
- Public Liability
- Riot and civil unrest
- Put up the public liability insurance certificate
Insurance check lists are here: http://www.firstpracticemanagement.co.uk/search/?SearchTerm=insurance&Blogs=false&Policies=false&Forum=false
Change Management and Evaluation
- Plan and get agreement for all changes.
- Evaluate & report on their progress (PDSA cycle) http://www.institute.nhs.uk/quality_and_service_improvement_tools/quality_and_service_improvement_tools/plan_do_study_act.html
- Check to see if there is any funding for changes via HEE/NHSE etc – if in doubt contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check the status of your building rented/owned etc
- Refer to the Premises Cost Directions 2013 https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/184017/NHS__General_Medical_Services_-_Premises_Costs__Directions_2013.pdf
- Check your payments/rental agreements
Alarm Code & Key Holders
- Who is on the list to be called?
- Who holds the list?
- Is it up to date?
- If the alarm goes off, are the police called?
- Who else is being called
- Do the key holders know the alarm code?
Time For Care
- Support for individual practices who want to… release time, create headroom & build collaboration
- Support for Primary Care Networks (PCNS) to build collaboration & create impact
- Building individuals capability to lead Quality Improvement and change in primary care